These are some magic squares that I invented myself. They are very good and easy to make, I hope you enjoy them too.
- 2 medium eggs
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 250ml milk
- 200g sugar
- 400g plain flour & 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- blueberry jam
- lime zest custard
(or choose your own )
1. Heat the oven at 200C.
2. Beat the eggs lightly in a large bowl.
3. Add oil and milk, mix until just combined then add sugar until smooth.
4. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder until is just smooth (don't over mix it or it will make the square tough.
5. Fill the tin two thirds and bake for 20-25 mins (check with a cocktail stick to see if cooked).
6. Once baked, cut it in equal squares. Cut them half open and spread your filling.
3 eggs yolks
3 tbs sugar
3 tbs flower
lime zest if added
- mix eggs and sugar first
- add flour and milk
- stir it gently on a flame until thickened
Your custard is done!
TIP : Put cling film on the custard surface to stop a skin from forming.